Enormous number of businesses fail here : Not knowing Finance. And believe me, it's not that complex as we think. I too, am not a Finance fella. I'm an engineer.
The time we think we should spend on tech things, if we spend equal time on Finance, the number of failed businesses will definitely reduce : I assure.
Fact about entrepreneurs :-
- They know they would be needing Money to Buy Machinery & Equipment
- Many of them are also smart enough to raise funding
- Many of them knows the Govt Schemes
- They also know they require Working Capital
But that doesn't mean they know Finance. It's more a Monitoring/Controlling thing, than knowing. And this needs time to invest in the game.
I see entrepreneurs offload this work to the "Finance" guy and escape the dirty ( not exactly ) work. But the work, which they think "Dirty" is the real work a Business Owner needs to care about.
I see entrepreneurs offload this work to the "Finance" guy and escape the dirty ( not exactly ) work. But the work, which they think "Dirty" is the real work a Business Owner needs to care about.
Why is this "Escape" tendency ?
One very simple reason is that we don't teach/talk enough about Finance in homes/schools/colleges. And it's often confused with "Accounts". It's more record keeping; however finance is to deal with Decisions on the basis of some important metrics.
Coming Back to Working Capital
Forget all else, but at least understand this, as it is the thing which will make/break your business. Don't escape.
Usually I don't do much link-building here, but do read the article on our main website
Usually I don't do much link-building here, but do read the article on our main website
No comments:
Post a Comment